10 Promises to Add to the Wedding Vows!
The traditional wedding vows are nice – to honor, love, and respect, ’til death do us part. But we could be just a little more specific about what it takes to get there. Here’s some suggestions: 10 promises we could add to the wedding vows – you know, just to make sure we’re on the same page!
1. I promise not to expect you to read my mind.
2. I promise not to complain about toilet seat status, which way the toilet paper rolls, or how you load the dishwasher – even if you’re doing it wrong.
3. I promise I won’t say “I told you so” even if I clearly did.
4. I promise not to jump in with the punchline on a joke or story you’re telling no matter how long it’s taking you to tell it.
5. I promise not to keep score on petty things like who is right or who does more housework – even if I’m winning.
6. I promise to give you at least 1/3 of the closet space even if I could use it more productively.
7. I promise I will never leave you just one square of toilet paper left on the roll, a mere sliver of soap left in the shower, or less than a gallon of gas left in the car.
8. I promise I will not call you your special nickname in public – at least not loud enough for others to hear.
9. I promise I will love you through weight changes, hair loss, non-head hair growth, and wrinkle development.
10. I promise I’ll review this list of promises every year on our anniversary and say a sincere “I’m sorry” if I’ve broken any of them.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER PROMISES IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO ADD TO THE WEDDING VOWS?