5 Links to Laughter
If you’re going to laugh your way to a longer, healthier marriage, you need to know how – and where – to get your laugh on. Here are five options that you might not have been aware of!
1. Laughing groups. Chances are your favorite hobby has a laughing group. I checked out the meetup website for laughing groups, put in my zipcode, and found 6 groups in a 25 mile range. Yoga laughing, hiking laughing, karaoke laughing, outdoor enthusiasts laughing and more. Click on the picture for meetup sites and options.
2. Check out funny pictures on the Make Me Laugh blog. The author takes pictures that are out there, like the one below, and adds some humor to it.
3. All things Bill Cosby. Many only know Bill (yes, we’re on a first name basis) from his 80s sitcom. But his comedy goes way back. And it’s still funny. To check out a sampling of his old comedy routines, click the picture to see 9 that Parade put together. If you like them, you can find plenty more on YouTube.
4. The Best of Herman. LOVE this book. (I also love Herman – and my husband’s OK with that.) It is what I send to friends who need a pick-me-up. It’s my go-to when I’m a bit down – I can open it to any page and there’s going to be a smile-inducer there. And I am definitely not above using it as a quick way (it’s like cheating) to get a laugh out of my husband.
5. Funny animals. There is no lack of entertaining animal videos out there. I lost a chunk of my life researching this for you (you’re welcome!). Here is one of the shorter videos I found, but if this type of Pet TV makes you laugh, there’s plenty to choose from. Once you do an internet search for “funniest animals,” the hard part is deciding which ones not to watch!
LAUGH YOUR WEEKEND OFF!