Friday Five #6
Friday Five. It may be informational, entertaining, inspirational, or some combination. It may be five related thoughts, or five random topics. But it will be short. And it will leave you with a new thought, idea, or smile on your face.
Welcome to the pre-Valentine edition. I had planned to cover the Valentine’s Day idea in the next Friday Five – which will actually be Valentine’s Day. But then I realized, while timely, you wouldn’t have a chance to implement any of the ideas you liked. So here it is – a week ahead of time – for your using pleasure.
1. A blast-from-the-past Valentine greeting. Remember candy bar cards? They seemed to pop up everywhere in the 90s and then just sort of disappeared. The concept? Buy a bunch of candy bars and candy that you can create a message with. Get a poster board and write out your Valentine greeting, gluing in the candy in place of words. Great Valentine options are: Bliss, Hugs, Kisses, Symphony, Hot Tamales, Good & Plenty, Life Savers, Milky Way, Nutrageous, Sugar Babies, and Bit-o-Honey. Note: this is probably not a good time to use Chunky or Big Chunk – unless your adding “of my heart” after it!
2. Start the day out with a breakfast Valentine. This picture was from a ‘he said/she said’ blog article entitled Romantic Aphrodisiacs! 12 Foods That Will Totally Improve Your Love Life. While the title may be a bit overstated, there were a few surprises on their list. Click here to read – but remember: I didn’t say I agreed with the list.
3. A collection of 7 printable Valentines Day greetings. “Wild About You” with the little wild animals attached and the cool cup wrappers caught my attention. To see the rest of them and/or print out, click here.
4. A homemade gift that even you can make. If you can glue, you can make this charming little framed work of art for the one you love. An empty frame, wording can be stenciled on a painted card board or printed out on paper that you glue to a backing, get a couple of spoons from a discount or thrift store and voila – a thoughtful gift sure to put a smile on your mate’s face.
5. Hmmmmm, I never thought of it that way.