Thanks for stopping by to help me celebrate my first anniversary! It’s been quite a year. My husband and I lost precious loved ones, dealt with (and beat) cancer, dealt with other health issues and life challenges during this past year – as so many of you are doing. And through it all we continued to try to prioritize and celebrate our marriage – as so many of you are trying to do, too. It was a good year.
I’d like to thank each of you friends and visitors that contributed to that first year. I appreciate the support so many showed me as I started this venture a year ago as well as those who have found me over the past year and stuck with me. I appreciate that you have shared my posts on your social media outlets (it makes a huge difference) and I absolutely love reading your comments and believe they have made this site way more interesting than it otherwise would be.
I received a report from wordpress.com summing up my first blog year and telling me what a great one it was. It stated that the most read post was Calling All Spouses – The 30-Day Gratitude Challenge. The report said:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 16,000 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 6 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
That impressed me because that means there’s a lot of spouses out there that are interested in showing appreciation for their mates. I figure if only 10% actually took the challenge, that is still a lot of grateful spouses!
While that fun post got the most attention, I thought on this anniversary date I would highlight some of my other favorites from the past year that you may not have seen and tell you why they are special to me.
1. Shrew-B-Gone – The Product that Can Change Your Marriage. I love being the inventor of this product – I think I have the potential to make millions with it. There are just a few kinks that need to be worked out before it will be ready for mass distribution.
2. Introverted But Not Shy – Does Your Mate Need Space? I wrote this because I had my own “Aha” moment when I learned the real meanings of the words ‘introvert’ and ‘extrovert.’ It helped me see things from a new perspective. Judging by the conversation it generated, I was certainly not alone.
3. When to Dump the Date – 6 Red Flags. This is a favorite of mine because I got to address a pet peeve. Well, actually a couple of them. I believe there is great info in this post for anybody dating or who has a child/parent/relative/friend/roommate/pet who is dating. If we date smarter, we marry smarter.
4. 5 Ways to Make Your Mate Feel Great. There are three reasons this is a favorite. First, I got to share my feelings about raisins. Second, the suggestions are soooooo doable. Third, it’s just plain fun. Go ahead – I dare you: just try to read it all the way through without smiling at least once!
5. 10 Ways to Get to Divorce Court Without Beating Your Wife or Having an Affair – This is the post that started it all! It took first place in the OWFI (Oklahoma Writing Federation, Inc) writing contest and does a nice job of capturing my attitude about what I really think of some of the stuff that goes on in marriage. Sure the title is a little in-your-face, but so is divorce!
6. 10 Ways To Impress Your Family Law Judge. I think this is a fun read. And when else will I ever have another opportunity to use that interesting picture again??
Thank you again, all, for your support, readership and friendship. If there are any topics you would like to read about or chat about in the upcoming year, I’d love to hear them!