Married With Gratitude – a 30-Day Challenge!
November is a great month to be intentional about expressing your appreciation for the dearest person in your life. We say ‘thank-you’ to our spouses throughout the year for specific actions and do little nice things on occasion “just because.” As we should! But how often in between those moments are we taking them for granted? Are we doing a good job of letting them know how special they are to us – how much we value them? Let’s take November and make that happen. Let’s make Thanksgiving be more than a prayer and a 10 course meal with great leftovers. Let’s make it be more than a day.
- Take the Calling All Spouses: 30-Day Gratitude Challenge that was issued here last year. If you haven’t taken it yet, check it out HERE – you’ll be surprised what benefits can be reaped from 30 seconds a day! If you took it last year, you already know how special the results are – and why now, a year later, is the perfect time for an encore!
- Leave a little note for your spouse in different places every day with loving thoughts and kind words.
- Send them a daily tweet noting something you appreciate about them each day.
- Take on one of their little chores – taking out the trash, making sure the coffee’s made – for 30 days.
- Get up a half an hour earlier to hang out with them first thing in the morning every day this month.
- Answer the Facebook question “what’s on your mind?” with a gratitude moment about your spouse or a picture that will make them smile.
- Wear their favorite color or the color they mentioned they like on you in some form – a tie, jewelry, bandana, scarf, sweatshirt, etc. – each day.
Pick one of the suggestions, some of the suggestions, mix and match the options, or come up with your own way to honor your spouse for 30 consecutive days. Be specific about what you plan to do – and commit to your plan. Be intentional about being grateful. The benefits for both you and your spouse will last much longer than the 30 days. Just one more thing to be thankful for!