Between Mother’s Day, graduations, and weddings, your gift funds may be running a little low. And Father’s Day is right around the corner! You can still honor that special father in your life with a gift that will put a smile on his face – without having to scrounge under sofa cushions for additional funds. Here are five that range from $12.99 to $39.99. Just click on the pictures for more info about the products.
1. BBQ Grill Light. I happened to like the name of this one (Man Law BBQ Grill Light – they had me at “Law”) pictured here, but shop around – not only are there plenty to choose from, I saw $20 differences in price on the same models. (Best price I found on this one was $29.95)
2. Shower squids. I bet he doesn’t have one of these! It holds his shower items without the muck that accumulates when they’re sitting on a shelf. There is a short YouTube video that demonstrates how to extend the arms and ‘tentacles.’ (On the site there is a small picture with an arrow on it under the big picture) ($36.00)
3. Dad Caddy. Is he always looking for his keys or his wallet? Is he the keeper of the TV remote? Here’s a way to coral all the stuff he might be looking for in one place! ($39.99)
4. Shoe socks. With these shoes he can actually put his feet up on the coffee table without getting any grief! Note they come in loafers and casual tennies! ($18.00)
5. A fun read. Father and son. Bill and Willie Giest (news correspondent and Today Show host, respectively) teamed up to author Good Talk, Dad – the Birds and the Bees . . . and Other Conversations We Forgot to Have. Here’s how Amazon has summarized the book: “Told in a unique back-and-forth banter style, the hilarious father-son team will laugh together at the shared journey of their relationship. They’ll riff on fatherhood, religion, music, sports, summer camp disasters, driving lessons gone horribly wrong, being on TV, and their wonderfully odd family life. Think Big Russ and Me meets S*** My Dad Says, with humorous observations about professional wrestling as a worldview, raising a kid with television cameras in the kitchen, and anything and everything else that comes to their witty minds.” ($12.99-$25.00)
This concludes the first gift-giving season of the year. Have a great weekend!
The squid is funny and different that is for sure!
Seeing that YouTube video of it was even more amusing – if the dad’s not impressed, chances are good his 10-year-old son will be!
Great gift ideas, Shel! I like the shower squid…that gunk that builds up is nasty! The socks are cute too!
I got such a kick out of those socks I thought about getting them for my husband for my own entertainment – he’s definitely a tennis-shoe guy!
we do have another weekend to shop for Father’s day…thanks for the sugggestions!
You’re welcome, Lin – it’s always fun to see what oddball items are out there!