There are some things we just don’t think to thank our spouses for – but maybe we should. For instance, you know how in the movies people wake up morning-fresh with tousled hair? Well, in real life, it’s morning breath and bed-head. Yet our spouses love us through it and in spite of it. And have we ever said “thank you”? Here’s five more you may not have said “thank” you’ for.
1. That warm spot they create in bed that you roll into the moment they shift.
2. Waiting until the commercial break (or fast-forward break) in your show to tell you something.
3. The times their face lights up with a smile when you walk toward them. (Isn’t that the most welcoming feeling?!)
4. Helping to develop the secret code you share. The look, gesture, raised eyebrow, or cue that says wordlessly Let’s blow this joint or Did you hear what I heard? or Did you see the chick in the pink tutu with the leopard boots?!
5. Saying “I DO” and meaning it.
Original cartoon image