Remember the passion that came with dating? How you exerted great effort to impress your mate? How wonderful you felt when what you did caused this special person to smile?
If your relationship is feeling a bit flat – or before it does – mentally review your past. Then vow to recreate it – on a regular basis.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself about your dating days to jog your memory – and reignite that crackling spark that results from making your now-spouse feel special.
- What did I do that made him laugh?
- What special food did we celebrate with?
- What secrets did we share as we got to know each other?
- What was I wearing when she said: “I love you in that!”?
- What was the first gift I gave him or received from him?
- What was the schmaltziest date we ever had – and do we need a do-over?
- How did I respond when she called unexpectedly?
- What cartoon or comic did he relate to or did we giggle over?
- What level of excitement did I allow her to see on my face when I saw her come toward me?
- What activity did we enjoy that we haven’t done since we dated?
- What song did we dance to, sing to, or groan about when it came on?
Answering these questions will give you wonderful ideas for finding ways to let your spouse know how special you still think he or she is.
WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD WE ADD TO THE LIST?