Do you want to make your mate feel great? Here are 101 things to say to do just that!
1. You make me feel special.
2. You still make my heart go pitter-patter!
3. You’re hot!
4. I know you have my back.
5. I continue to learn from you.
6. Your smile lights my world.
7. Meeting you is the best thing that ever happened to me!
8. I admire your integrity.
9. I appreciate all the little things you do for me.
10. You are an excellent role model for our kids.
11. What I see you do for others inspires me to be a better person.
12. You look amazing in that!
14. You make me feel safe.
15. You’re the best teammate I’ve ever had.
16. I look forward to coming home to you.
17. I’m the luckiest spouse in the world!
18. I saw this and it made me think of you.
19. Here’s a little something for you – just because . . .
20. Let’s hold hands.
21. You are more important than you realize.
22. Go have an evening with your friends – I’ve got the kids covered!
23. Even when we disagree, I respect your opinion.
24. It is an honor to be married to you.
25. Your compassion has touched a lot of lives in a positive way.
26. The way you allow me to be myself is like a daily gift.
27. You make me excited about wearing that.
28. You’re more calming for me when I’m frustrated than a cup of green tea!
29. Tweet me, baby!
30. Each time I see you I remember how blessed I am.
32. You rock!
33. I love seeing you with the kids – you are an awesome parent.
34. I think of you often throughout the day – and smile.
35. I appreciate the way you ____.
36. A hug from you is my magic balm.
37. Let’s kiss.
38. You’re right.
39. Nobody lifts my spirits like you do!
40. You’re so special!
41. I love the smile in your eyes.
42. I love the fit of those jeans on you!
43. I am grateful you are in my life.
44. Thank you – for all you do.
46. You are my soft place to land after a hard day.
47. What can I do to cheer you up?
48. You are my best friend.
49. I love the way you make me laugh!
50. I am so proud of you!
51. I’m sorry.
52. You pick me up when I fall down – and if you can’t lift me up you listen well.
53. Surprise! I took care of _____ that you’ve been meaning to get to!
54. I enjoy hanging out with you.
55. You are cooler than unicorns and sparklers combined!
56. Let’s get a sitter so we can ______.
57. I’d like your opinion on this.
58. My mother likes you more than she likes me.
59. I picked up your favorite _____ at the store today.
60. I know you’re not looking forward to going to ____ – so I’ll go with you and keep you company.
62. My best memories have you in them.
63. You did a great job with that!
64. Would you like a massage?
65. You are so loved.
66. I pray for you daily.
67. I trust you completely.
68. You’re the zig to my zag.
69. I don’t have a headache tonight.
71. You have a generous spirit.
72. Why don’t you sit and put your feet up and I’ll bring you a _____ to drink.
73. You have a tender heart.
74. There’s nobody else I could tell that to.
75. You are so gifted in the area of ______.
76. Let’s jump in the shower together.
77. ‘Perfection’ is spelled [letters of their name].
78. I love the sound of your voice.
79. I am so impressed by the way you ______.
81. How about a foot rub?
82. I’m not afraid of the dark because you are so full of light.
83. I’m your biggest fan!
84. I love to watch you when you’re _______.
85. You handled that difficult situation with real finesse.
86. You do _____ better than [person they most admire].
87. I’ll take care of that for you.
88. You get better with age.
89. You are my hero.
90. I wouldn’t trade you for all the chocolate in the world.
92. Doing it two nights in a row is okay.
93. You are so well disciplined when it comes to _______.
94. You are the person I want to grow old with.
95. Waking up next to you is the best way in the world to start out a day.
96. You make me happy just by being you!
97. I am delighted you’re home!
99. You drown out the negativity in my life.
100. You make me feel loved.
101. Marry me again, please!
My husband looked over my list and furrowed his brow. I asked why. He said that 92 should say “great” instead of “okay.” I stand corrected!
Related articles: 5 Ways to Make Your Mate Feel Great; 20 Things NOT to Say to Your Spouse; 5 Ways to Surprise Your Mate; Smile-Power in Marriage
Messy Marriage linked to my site as well as other posts about marriage
Easy to think these, harder to say them out loud or remember to say them out loud. Great reminder, Shel!
And I love 92…hysterical.
Good thing I had a second set of eyes on this one, aye? Gotta get things right!
All of these are great! It’s easy to forget to say it out loud sometimes. My husband and I met 5 years ago yesterday. I need to make a pointed effort to say he’s important to me out loud more often. Thanks!
You’re welcome, Holli! The more I write about it and remind others, the more I remember to do it myself!
I’m still laughing about #92 and the related comments.
I bet you could almost hear it said!
I say #89…
Well, I think that covers just about everything, Shel. 🙂 I saw #89 at least once a week.
I had a vision of super heroes flying overhead in your neighborhood until I saw the correction! Actually, both versions are pretty cool, Jill!
Great tips, Shel.
Too many couples miss out on the value of sharing a few words of encouragement, confidence, and appreciation.
Totally agree, rm – thanks for stopping by!
No. 90, that’s the one! I wouldn’t trade you for chocolate!! ha! I love it. These are all great though.
All the chocolate in the world all in one place with total access? I bet it would get old fast!(Unlike our spouses, right?)
These are “GREAT” Shel! 🙂
Thanks, Ash – I bet the “my mother likes you better than me” didn’t apply for you, though!